The F-Gas regulation EU517/2014 created a system of quotas to regulate the amount of HFC refrigerants placed on the market in the EU. The quotas were divided into two types of quota:
- Incumbents or companies that reported manufacture or imports during the reference years
- New Entrant Reserve for companies wishing to become manufacturers or importers
These two types of quota have different characteristics; incumbents may transfer or trade their quota freely but New Entrants must physically trade the HFC refrigerants. This creates a number of challenges for companies wishing to optimise their entitlements.
- Do you have unused incumbent quota you wish to sell?
- Do you have excess unused incumbent quota that could be pooled to increase it’s use?
- Do you have new entrant quota that is not economically viable to import?
- Have you considered working with A-Gas, one of the EU refrigerant market leaders to maximise the value of your quota?
A-Gas has many years’ experience in the importation and distribution of HFCs. Through the A-Gas Shanghai office and laboratory, we can also provide procurement and pre-shipment testing services.
Talk to us now about the ways we can work with you to make your F-Gas quota work for you.